Purchase price is often the main – and sometimes sole – consideration when choosing pallets. Understandable in a long recession when razor sharp market conditions mean firms must sweat costs and optimize lean.
And first-glance cheapness points to wooden pallets.
But factor in working-life maintenance and transport costs, and it becomes clear that plastic pallets are the best choice by far.
If you want to buy wooden pallets, then you can contact Wooden Box and crate co.
These fast-favoured plastic alternatives are extremely cost-effective. Little wonder that plastic-formed pallets have become the practical, realistic, economical choice for the far-sighted.
Here Are Just Some of Plastic’s Winning Ways:
- Lower cost – Longer in-service life means considerable savings over other reusable unit load-handling devices.
- Reusable – High-density, polyethylene construction resist damage and extends service life.
- Lightweight – As low as 25 lbs to permit cost-efficient handling, shipping and moving.
- Space-saving – Most pallets nest to 65% and are double/triple stackable when loaded.
- Cleanable – Readily steam cleaned or water washed and can be sterilized for sanitary handling.
- Plastic pallets meet exacting statutory and other requirements for handling food, beverage, and meat products. Unsurprisingly this makes them highly popular with food, beverage, and pharmaceutical distributors, all of whom require clean, hygienic transportation.
- Plastic is inert to most solvents, harsh chemicals, mildew, mold and pests. Plastic pallets do not harbour bugs, and they resist moisture, acids, fat, and other chemicals.
- This means plastic-formed pallets are exempt from international shipping laws that restrict the movement of their wooden counterparts.
- Weather-tough – Withstands heat and cold, rain or snow while in transit. Also suitable for outdoor storage over limited periods.
- These advantages make the non-wood pallets popular with food, beverage, and pharmaceutical distributors, which require clean, hygienic transportation.